Total beauty producer
New York collection fashion designer
She attended “SONE AKEMI Ladies Beauty Academy” school in Tokyo in 1997.
She established and produced 5 brands as a “KIMONO” designer in Kyoto from 1981.
In 1989 she moved to New York and founded the clothing brand “AKEMI STUDIO”. She made her debut at New York collection in 1990. She exhibited a collection along with Donna Karan and Calvin Klein as the only Japanese designer during the first day of New York fashion week in 1992. She also held world-class collections at the Chamber of the House of Councillors of United Nations and Rockefeller Center. These activities established her position as a prominent leader in world fashion. Celebrities including Placido Domingo and Michael Jackson as well as super models such as Yasmin gave their support. She opened “N-Y-B-S” on Fifth Avenue in 1996, a school where students can learn total beauty in its entirety. More than 5,000 graduates from the school are active as beauty artists all over the world.
Following 25 successful years in New York, she returned to base her business in Japan in 2017. She is active as a total beauty creator in various areas.
- Establish “AKEMI S. MILLER Beauty Studio” in Osaka Japan
- Exhibited the “New York collection” as a special guest at “The Wedding in Thailand” (@the Okura Prestige Bangkok) in Thailand
- Established “N-Y-B-S CREATIVE ARTS SUDIO” on Fifth Avenue. Published ” AKEMI SONEのニューヨーク流「水肌メイク」”, sun mark publication of Sun Mark Publication Co., Ltd. in Japan
- Held “RED”, a New York style total beauty collection, in Tokyo and Osaka Japan. (Westin Hotel Osaka / Grand Pacific Hotel Tokyo)
- NEW YORK BEAUTY SPACE and N Y B S CREATIVE ARTS studio founded in New York
- Established NEW YORK BEAUTY SPACE with a new office in Grand Central, the Gray Bar NY.
- Exhibited “the Queen of flowers” at the flower and garden show ’98 at Rockefeller Center. The work is displayed to a show record of 3 million people in three weeks.
- Exhibited “LOVE&PEACE&BEAUTY” at the special collection ’97 AKEMI SONE, at United Nations staff day (@ the Chamber of the House of Councillors of United Nations)
- Opened the boutique “AKEMI SONE” in midtown, New York. Produce a private collection for Plácido Domingo who is one of the three major tenors in the world. Started a school “NEW YORK BEAUTY SPACE”, a total beauty artist school. Announced Skin care line “DERMA SYSTEM” and announce Makeup line “N Y B S”.
- Established NEW YORK BEAUTY SPACE. Produced a private collection for Michael Jackson. Announced the New York collection in the fall and winter in ’94. (The Waldorf-Astoria NY)
- Announced New York collection in the spring and summer of ’94.
- The first fashion week “7th on sixth” (Bryant park NY).
- Announced the New York collection in the fall and winter in ’93 (Atelier in NY). Changed the company name to IMEKA NEW YORK Co INC. As a visual director of Hakuhodo Advertising America Inc she concluded a consultancy license and introduced new products to Tsumura International, including the design, plan, graphic design and production.
- Announced New York collection in the spring and summer of ’92. (Atelier in NY).
- Made her debut at New York collection. A costume designer in the consolation concert to Gulf War soldier by La Toya Yvonne Jackson. A stage costume design, production for Grover Washington Jr.
- Moved to New York and founded “AKEMI STUDIO”.
- Announce “Kimono 衣絽覇 (IROHA) by AKEMI SONE” designed and produced with Juraku Co., Ltd. (Kyoto trade fair). A separate venture from the original kimono brand “AKEMI SONE” designed and produced in conjunction with Juraku Co., Ltd. Produce “Stephanie & AKEMI SONE, Rock and KIMONO Show”. (Parco Theater) in Japan
- Announced “曽根あけみ (Sone Akemi)” designed and produced with Yasuda Tashichi Co Ltd; separate from the original long-sleeved kimono brand “遊貴東” designed and produced by Yasuda Tashichi Co., Ltd. Announce the original brand “流布 (Rufu)” design and production with Toray Industries, Inc. Le Monde Mitsuhiro. “緋魅 (Akemi) KIMONO fashion performance” announcement (Aoyama spiral hall). Art festival entry “Ophelia” Costume design and general coordination, winning an art festival prize (National Theater). Opera dancing “King Lear” Costume Design and general costume coordination (Aoyama amphitheater) in Japan.
- Directed and produced a Kimono show at Niigata Snow Festival.
- Special guest at “Japan-U.S. aerobics instructor contest”. KIMONO performance of white dream rouge (do it and turn) including production (Hawaiian / Honolulu NBC arena). Produced the “Collection of Celine liver” (Imperial Hotel). Played an active part in TV, the stage, CM, other genres as a singer, an actress, and clothes coordinator of the talents in Japan.
- Started “Akemi Sone Lady’s beauty academy” in Tokyo. Training kimono and fashion models. Coordinating kimono shows, direction and production. Playing an active part in TV, the stage, CM, and other genres as a singer, actress, and clothes coordinator of the talents.
- Worked within a Japanese music research company, playing an active role as a music journalist.
- Learned “KIMONO”, the art of Japanese traditional dress wearing in KYOTO.